The Elks is a fraternal organization, open to both men and women, that does community service projects, especially those concerning veterans or youth. Here is a listing of some of our recent projects.
- STUDENT OF THE MONTH: High school seniors, proposed by local high school Guidance Counselors, are invited to our Lodge for recognition of being “Student of the Month”. There are 10-15 Students a month honored. Students of the Year are then honored in May.
- STUDENT OF THE YEAR: In May the Students of the Month are Evaluated and the top Students are selected as our ”Students of the Year” and again invited to our Lodge and receive recognition and a cash award.
- ELKS SOCCER SHOOT: Kids of all ages Participate and the winners advance to the District Shoot Out.
The Soccer Shoot is Mid May and the 1ST Sat. in June.
- ELKS HOOP SHOOT: Kids of all ages participate and winners advance on to the Region tournament.
- AMERICANISM: We had 191 5th through 8th grade student entries in the Americanism Contest.
- Awarded $9000 in scholarships to local students in 2016.
- Awarded $8500 in scholarships in 2015.
- YOUTH CHARITABLE DONATIONS:
- Granted $1000 to CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates)
- Granted $500 to Special Kids Therapy.
- Granted $650 to the Hancock County Veterans Services to give 130 five dollar food certificates to Hancock County Veterans at the Hancock County Fair.
- Hosted the Hancock County Veterans Services Resource Fair. 240 Veterans attended this fair that has numerous vendors giving information for Veterans needing help in their life.
- In coordination with our Flag Day Ceremonies, we invited all veterans and their families to a free dinner in our banquet hall on Flag Day. Over 150 veterans and their families enjoyed the dinner. Special Occasions catered the meal.
- Your lodge raised $3,050 to host the Re-Creation Variety Show of a traveling group singing and dancing and celebrating Veterans. • 427 Veterans, Police, Fire, and Elks attended the show free of charge.
- Awarded a $2,000 Freedom Grant to the Hancock County Honor Flight for a fundraiser; More than $6,000.00 was raised overall.
- Donated $210 to Veterans attending the Hancock County Fair for free Food Vouchers at the fair.
- Findlay Lodge #75 participated in the Veterans Day Parade
- Last year we partnered with the Hancock County Veterans Office and The Concerned Veterans of America to serve 200 Christmas Dinners to Veterans and their families. Santa Claus presented Gift bags to the Children. Santa Claus (J.D.Owens) also gave a concert to them. Scheduled for December 14 this year.
- Through donations and raffles, we donated $2,250 to Adopt Nine(9) Veterans to Christmas shop with an Elk member for shopping for food, clothing, shoes, and sundry items. We are now in the process of raising funds for this year and our goal is to adopt 15 Veterans at $250 per family. $3,750 total and we have raised $1,534 so far!!
- Teaming with the Hancock Co. Veterans Office and the Disabled American Veterans (D.A.V.), we were able to give 10 new bicycles to local Veterans Children on Christmas Eve.
- STATE MAJOR PROJECTS:
- Findlay Lodge #75 met our per capita of $4.00 for over $2,000.00 to our state project-“Cerebral Palsy” for 2015/16.
- Granted $500 to Blanchard Valley Cerebral Palsy.
- ELKS NATIONAL FOUNDATION:
- Findlay Lodge #75 met our per capita of $4.65 per member for over $2,400 to the Elks National Foundation for 2015/16.
- Granted $2775 to the Findlay Back Yard Mission Trip to help with 240 projects city- and county-wide helping our neighbors who are unable to do necessary repairs/cleanup etc. There were twenty (20) Elks members working on this great project installing a garage door and handicap ramp, cleaning a property, landscaping and resetting pavers.
- Granted $500 to the Red Cross for their Military Bash.
- Granted $400 to the Hope House and $300 to the Family Resource Center
- Donated to Women’s Resource Center for $600, CASA/GAL(Court Appointed Special Advocates for children) $1,000, Flag City Champions $500
- Granted $500 to the Blanchard River Watershed Partnership to support their Rain Barrel Project.
- We are again planning on donating to the Findlay Police Dept. “Shop with a Cop” Christmas shopping for area children
- In January, we again plan to hold a Winter Beach & Band Bash; all proceeds raised charitable donations
IF YOU HAVEN’T KEPT COUNT; THE ABOVE EVENTS AND PROJECTS LED TO
GRANTS & DONATIONS AMOUNTING TO OVER $30,000 OF COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
NOT INCLUDING THE TIME AND INVOLVEMENT OF
FINDLAY LODGE #75 MEMBERS, FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!!